Friday, April 25, 2008

Adventures in the Pacific Northwest Day 1

HI FROM CANADA!

We made it! I'm not sure how, but we did!

We left on Thursday morning from our house at 5am. That's really early, even for an elementary teacher! We were on the plane at 6:30 and in Dallas by 7:30. We left again at 8:55 and after a stop in Albuquerque, we made it to Seattle by Noon Seattle time.

Then my bag got lost! I should be given credit, and my husband will back me up, I didn't get upset! They told me they'd call me if it cane in on the 3:00 plane. So, it was off to lunch and the SPACE NEEDLE!!!

We. Had. Fresh. Fish.

See, for all of us who live in and LOVE Texas, there is this amazing this off to the left and right side of the rest of the country called THE OCEAN. Good fresh fish comes from there, and I think it might taste like heaven.

But seriously folks, we went straight to the closest sushi bar to the Space Needle. It was delicious! We were so happy! After some recuperating from our long day, we left to go to the SPACE NEEDLE!!!! I took some time as we walked over to video tape a short segments for my kiddos at school about the Space Needle and where we were.

The Space Needle was so cool. There's a coffee shop at the top, and a restaurant above it! It has a beautiful view. Timothy and I enjoyed just sitting and staring out at the Pacific Northwest.

As an aside right now, this area is SO beautiful!! I can't believe it. I think I could live here in a heartbeat.

Just as we were trying to decide where to walk next, Southwest called with my luggage! They even called early! Go Southwest! Sooooo, we took the Monorail back to the bus and went back to the airport. (The transit system is AWESOME! In Downtown Seattle, the buses are free from like 6am-7pm!) Southwest even gave us a $50 travel voucher for having to come back to the airport to pick up our luggage.

At this point, we had to go to the train station to catch our bus to Vancouver, and by the time we got a sandwich and got on the bus, we were exhausted. The story could have ended here...

But then there's the BORDER!!!'

I guess I look like a frightening terrorist, because the teeny tiny border patrol girl felt the need to interrogate me... All the normal questions and a look of surprise when I told her I'm a teacher.... Did she expect me to say narcotics smuggler?

No, no... It was fine, they were just kinda rude about everything. Guess we're not in Texas anymore! We got to our hotel (after using Vancouver public transit, pretty awesome!) and checked in and fell asleep as soon as we got to the room.

So, now we've had breakfast and the cute little Canadian girl at the front the desk told me where to go shopping until Timothy can get out for lunch. :)

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

No luggage!!



SUSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!Timothy on top of the Space NEedle

No comments: